Huawei Braces Itself For The Steep Drop Of Smartphones Sales
The Chinese Enterprise Huawei has braced itself for the steep in the sales of its smartphone Honor 20. According to Bloomberg, the company may end up pulling the International shipments if its sales drop from 40% to 60%, if the sales are poor. Huawei is blacklisted from the US after Donald Trump Administration said that the company is keeping the track of the American consumers and helping the Chinese government to spy on the citizens.
The US department has barred the company to buy the American components while they are given 90 days reprieval period. In this period, the company can buy the parts to maintain the existing components but can’t buy new components for their new components. Huawei has denied all the allegations against the spying.
In order to counterattack the International sales, the company is focusing on the Chinese market and is looking to capture half of the Chinese market. For now, US chipmakers are pressing the government to ease up the ban on the Huawei. According to the person close to the matter, “Chip makers argue that Huawei units selling products such as smartphones and computer servers use commonly available parts and are unlikely to present the same security concerns as the Chinese technology firm’s 5G networking gear”
“For technologies that do not relate to national security, it seems they shouldn’t fall within the scope of the order. And we have conveyed this perspective to government,” said Jimmy Goodrich, vice president of global policy at SIA.
Last week, Huawei has applied for the trademark for its OS system named “Hongmeng”. The company has filed for the trademark in countries such as Cambodia, Canada, South Korea, and New Zealand, data from the U.N. World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) shows. It also filed an application in Peru on May 27, according to the country’s anti-trust agency Indecopi.
In this month, Huawei has had also canceled its Laptop launch which was “planned to unveil the new Windows laptop at the CES Asia 2019 trade show in Shanghai. But it got postponed due to the US ban. Huawei consumer division CEO Richard Yu subsequently told CNBC. “We cannot supply the PC,” Yu said, calling it “unfortunate,”